Terms & Conditions
Goods supply in accordance with order will be subjected to a 10% handling charge if returned. Accounts are payable strictly 30 days after statement date. 2 % Interest will be charged monthly on amounts exceeding these terms. We further reserve ourselves the right to repossess items not paid for in the specified period. The customer specifically contents to the jurisdiction of the local Magistrate’s Court for the recovery of any amounts owing not – withstanding that such amounts exceeds the normal jurisdiction of the said court.
WARRANTY FOR TRANSMISSIONS AND AXLES:
TRUCK UNIT REPAIRS & EXCHANGE cc guarantee the transmission and axle units that it supplies to be free from defects in workmanship or material and limits it's liability to the repair or replacement within a period of twelve months unlimited mileage in on- highway service.
The warranty period will commence from the time that the products are delivered to the first user i.e. registered owner, leaser or renter.
All parts or units claimed to be defective are to be returned to the premises of TRUCK UNIT REPAIRS & EXCHANGE cc, carriage pre-paid, unless agreement has been previously reached that the examination will take place at another location. In certain circumstances when the return of material is proven to be unreasonable, TRUCK UNIT REPAIRS & EXCHANGE cc is prepared to consider alternative agreement subject to these being acceptable to both parties.
The maximum shelf life of units must not exceed six months from the date of supply and storage facilities must not allow deterioration of the unit to take place.
Re-imbursement will be made in the following manner:
- If a complete unit is returned and proven to be defective within the terms stated above, it will be repaired and returned to the sender as a guaranteed reconditioned unit, free of charge.
- If a complete unit is returned and proven not to be defective within the terms stated above, it will be:
- returned to the sender and a charge made for it’s examination; or
- repaired, returned and charged as a guaranteed reconditioned unit.
- If parts (i.e. gears, shafts, etc.) are returned and proven to be defective within the terms stated above, they will be replaced free of charge.
- If parts (i.e. gears, shafts, etc.) are returned and proven not to be defective within terms stated above, they will be:
- returned to the sender and charge made for each examination; or
- retained for twenty one days after notification to the sender of the decision, then scrapped.
This warranty also makes no allowance for, and does not cover labour charges or charges incurred due to consequential damage, towing, breakdown charges, misuse, faulty air systems, neglect or accident.
Claims submitted under these terms of warranty must be accompanied by the following details, otherwise consideration will not be given to that claim.
- Type of Unit.
- Our Job number (Stamped on Unit).
- Date into service.
- Date failed.
- Proof of Propshaft Balancing.
- Outline of Failure.
- TURECC guarantees its units supplied to be free from defects in workmanship and materials and limits its liability to the repair or replacement, within a period of 12 months unlimited mileage on in Highway service.
- The warranty period will commence from time of delivery to the first user i.e. registered owner, leaser, renter.
- Claims will not be considered if lodged after expiry of the above mentioned prescription time.
- All Claims are to be made in writing.
- TURECC reserves the right to physically inspect all claims made against it.
- The purchaser shall make available for inspection all such goods claimed against.
- All goods remain the property of TURECC until paid for in full.
- All goods claimed against by the purchaser will be paid for in full or the claim will not be recognized.
- Proof of such payment will only be considered with proof of company documents issued at time of payment.
- Payments will only be considered and accepted once cleared by the Relevant Banking Institutions.
- TURECC will not be liable for any costs incurred by any third party in the repair or replacement of goods purchased by the client from the guarantor.
- Guarantee will be rendered null and void if the unit is tampered with, dismantled or worked on in any manner by any one other that TURECC staff.
- TURECC holds itself harmless and will not be responsible for any costs for damages incurred which includes but is not limited to; Downtime; Loss of income: Accommodation; Towage transportation; Damage to vehicle or any part there of etc.
- All parts or units claimed against account to be returned to TURECC premises for inspection unless agreement has been reached that examination will take place at another location.
- All claims should be accompanied by the following: · Type of Unit; · Our Job No (Stamped on Unit); · Date into service; · Date failed; · Proof of Prop shaft balancing; · Outline of Failure
- If any part or unit is returned and proven to be defective within the terms stated above. It will be repaired or replaced and returned to the owner as a reconditioned unit free of charge.
- If a complete unit is returned and proven not to have failed due to defective workmanship or materials it will be returned to the owner and a charge made for its examination. Repaired and returned and charged as a guaranteed unit.